- What architects should be doing (and mostly aren’t)
- When will enterprise architecture really make a difference?
- IT filled with teams “preserving knowledge” is doing it wrong
- Top level metrics for the business to direct IT
- “If an experiment is sweet, you go ahead and do it” doesn’t belong in business
Tag Archives: flexibility
There’s a long running tension in IT between centralisation and decentralisation. Processing more data, after all, simply requires more resources. More storage, more computing power — but the software is (probably) the same. (The “probably” reflects the fact that different … Continue reading
Last week I had one of “those conversations” with a prospect, one who was convinced that if I just told him the “best practices” being followed elsewhere that he, and his company, would be well off. It’s a chimera, “best … Continue reading